Thursday 16 June 2011

MMA and MUAI THAI CAGE FIGHTING in HDR .... Stick with it

A while back my mate Al told me a story of a friend of his :

His friend  was busy scoffing down slice after slice of his 24th birthday cake


After several slices he was told by his mum not to eat any more or he would be sick 




I can only assume that now being 24 the friend thought he was old enough to make his own decisions and as he could eat more cake , he would , ignoring the advice of his mum










The friend was sick from eating too much cake


I can only assume that he learned 2 things


1. listen to your mum as they probably know whats best for you


2: just because you can it doesn't mean you should


In my opinion the same goes for HDR . As much as it is quite fun and looks kinda smart sometimes ( bit like an ipad ) ; you got to ask yourself do you really need it ? Remember the fashion a while ago for black and white pictures with just the red colours showing ; didn't really stand the test of time that one did it really ?


Ok rant over ........... Till next time here's some more HDR images I have done of some of the Muay Thai / MMA fights that I have covered 




These HDR are quite grainy as I need to use a high ISO at the events due to the high speed of the action and relative low lighting at the event . Also They're not too bad considering I only worked out how to do this effect  less than 24 hours ago .

4 comments:

  1. Great shots mate, I've done a bit if HDR myself in the past, very addictive! How did you get shots of the fighters as if you were seemingly within the ring?
    Huw

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cheers Huw you'll have to post a link to your stuff .

    The shots involve sitting on the floor ringside with the camera lens resting on the cage for about 5 /6 hours ( no good for your back and knees but cant complain when the guys in the ring are kicking and hitting the .^$£& out of each other )

    You can just see the cage on the top photo from the top center down both sides of the fighter and on the 2nd photo about half way down the left hand side

    ReplyDelete
  3. Really nice bro - Usually I think HDR=WNKR but this is not a case of making a shit photo look arty - more take a good photo and make it better (well or at least look like a detailed comic book). Well done !!! 'Like'

    ReplyDelete