Tuesday 15 February 2011

Rhyl Market

I recently read a feed on a tourism web site where Rhyl was being absolutely slated . If you were to believe what was written about the place then you would have thought that it was closer to rough areas of The Bronx . I spent a night at a youth hostel in the Bronx but was kept awake most of the night by sounds of sirens , shouting screaming and I'm pretty sure shooting , not really a fair comparison

  Unfortunately over the years like many seaside towns there has been less wealth and investment in the area and some areas look scruffy , but the place really does not deserve the reputation it has 

Whilst traveling ,  on announcing where I came from I had to change from Rhyl to Chester rather than having to get into a long debate every time defending the place such is the reputation of the town!

This blog has many visitors from many countries as well as the Nokia app being downloaded in over 70 different countries ( Mexico with the most counts strangely enough then followed by India with the UK beaten into 10th place currently for downloads ) . I hope to show on this blog a more positive image of Rhyl and the surrounding area to the local community and the rest of the online world and visitors  ....... 

My next post with pictures from last summer will hopefully paint a better picture of Rhyl 



No comments:

Post a Comment