Saturday 30 April 2011

Royal Wedding Celebrations and street parties


Union Jack flag Honda Goldwing at street party in Prestatyn

Sandy Lane Street party Prestatyn

Street Party St Asaph

Easter bunny and Dragon handing out sweets to children at street party held at Rhuddlan Castle

Street Party Prestatyn . Lots of parties managed to get some amount of sponsorship this particular party had much of its food donated by local but national business Iceland .

Bunting on Prestatyn High street

Just as I set this shot up a guy walked behind and grabbed the ' Princess ' Just got one shot off before he disappeared !!   



Yesterday was spent chasing round Denbighshire getting photos of street parties in the region . I had a list of where some were and found others either by chance or word of mouth .


As much as yesterday was a bit of a slog ( clocked up about 200 miles I think ) it was great to see communities out together young and old enjoying the event . I'm pretty sure that many ,  if not most , like myself are  not really royalists but what a great excuse for a community get together . It was great to see such community spirit in the region . I kinda wish there was more royal weddings . 


I did catch a small part of the ceremony as there was not much going on while the royal couple were getting hitched . I think Nick Clegg should have sat on David Camerons knee during the ceremony , that would have freed up a seat for someone else , maybe Brown or Blair ...( That's Bobby or Lionel ) .













No comments:

Post a Comment