Monday 4 July 2011

Seals off the coast near The Nova Prestatyn

Leaving the gym on Saturday I decided to go have a wander along the sea wall as the weather was so nice


Looking out I saw something that looked like the back of someones head bobbing up and down in the water . On closer inspection I saw it was a seal , ran to get my camera from the boot of my car and luckily managed to get this shot before he was way too far out to get anything other than a spec in the sea


In all my time spent on and around the sea wall this is the first time I have ever seen them here let alone get a picture . ( The seal was way beyond the distance where I could get a really decent shot of him but just close enough to get an ok crop ) . Walking further up I saw two seals together . I hope this is a sign of things to come and will certainly be keeping my eye out for more in the future







2 comments:

  1. thurs 8 aug 2013;I was at prestatyn beach with the family.and before we got ready to go home we went to wash all the sand off our legs in the water,we swam till the water was up too our hips.then my mum seen a black thing bobbing along in the water at first she didn't say anything because she thought it was a ball or something but then it turned around and she seen its eye and she screamed 'there's something in the water' so we all ran out because we got scared.my mum was trying to see were it went then next minute it bobbs back up but even closer this time 'and everyone was saying its a person,its a person' I was shouting 'its a seal!!' Then it went back under then come back up even closer,then everyone realised it was a seal.first (wild)seal I've seen in all my life it was amazing he was just so relaxed it was a beautiful sight:), then just as we went to go I spotted more seals,in the end we managed to count 6 of them.it was the highlight of my whole day.seals are beautiful creautures!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. On our back on the 10th August we too saw a seal it was amazing. So calm it was too.. we were all in awe from it. Along the sea wall near nova centre :) x

    ReplyDelete